The goal of the research is to support elaborating informed regional policy that is based on evidence.
In order to achieve this goal, the objective of this research is to:
• Identify gravity centers;
• Determine functional regions;
• Identify priority economic activities and sectors with the high potential for economic growth;
• Examination of competitive advantages of identified priority sectors;
• Develop specific recommendations for local and central governments to increase the competitiveness of functional regions
The study “Competetive advantages of the mounteneous regions of Georgia” conducted by the Department of Rural Development and Vocational Education (RDVD) at the Georgian Institute of Pulic Affairs (GIPA) in collaboration with ISET Policy Istitute (ISET PI) at the International School of Economics at Tbilisi State University (ISET) was funded by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC). The views expressed in the publication represent authors’ views and might not
reflect the views of above mentioned international organizations.